It’s easy to get lost in a crowd, to feel lonely even though you may be surrounded by worshippers on a given Sunday. That’s why High Plains Community Church has Small Groups. We want everyone to have the opportunity to be known and cared for and to find their niche in ministry. People grow faster spiritually in a caring, interactive group where they can feel free to ask their real questions and sense the support of the group.
The small group is as much “church” as the larger convening of believers. Jesus’ ministry was in small groups as well as large. All of the “one another” commands in Scripture (love one another; pray for one another; be kind to one another) can be best experienced in a small group.
Here are a few of the small groups that meet at the Church.
- Prayer Group
- 12PM – 1PM – Dana Worthen
- 7PM – Adult Bible Studies
- “A Walk Through the Bible” – Pastor Dan
- “A Path Through Suffering” – Jeannie Miller
- Prayer Group in conference room – Jo Kissack
- Amazing “Grays” Bible Study
- 9AM – Bonnie Driskill
- Men’s Bible Study – This class meets at Main Bagel
- 6AM – Travis Meyer
Sunday Church Ministries – 10:15AM service
Nursery – Infant to 3 yrs (8:30AM & 10:15AM)
Children’s Church – Pre-school to 5th Grade
Wednesday Night Children’s Activities – 7:00PM to 8:15PM (Fall – Spring)
Nursery – Infant to 3 yrs
Bible Buddies – Pre-school class
Promiseland – K-4th grades
Pre-Teens – 5th & 6th Grades
Special programs and events for children are announced
throughout the year (VBS, Christmas, etc.)
C.H.A.O.S. Student Ministries (7th -8th grade) Wednesday 7PM
InsideOut Student Ministries (9th-12th grade) Wednesday 7PM
Sunday Service at Lasting Legacy
- Sunday morning at 8:00AM there is a complete church service that is open to all senior citizens.
- Once a month volunteers from HPCC serve at the community soup kitchen.